Thursday, January 19, 2017

The big 4-0

Entering a mile stone year, I felt it was time to reconnect with the blog. I feel that I want to achieve great things this year and wanted to keep a record of everything. When I was turning 30, it felt so big and old. I remember Katrina got me a Man Utd top with 'Stevie 30' on the back and it sunk in, and I didn't like it one bit. Turning 40 mind you, is completely different and I'm okay with it. Actually quite looking forward to it. In the Bible the number forty is significant and symbolises testing, trials and temptation. So I wanted to make this year count. I want to set myself challenges and targets, 40, to be exact! So here are some of the things I'd like to do: #1 - read more books (40??!!) #2 - do a 40 day fast from treats #3 - do 40 press ups for 40 days #4 - do 40 sit ups for 40 days #5 - run the marathon #6 - cycle Lap the Lough #7 - raise some money for charity #8 - preach a sermon #9 - lead a mission #10 - act in a play/drama

No comments: